Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's My Birthday! (and I'll cry if I want to)

Yesterday was the big 21 for me! What a day it was! I had to work, which was fine, I had a couple good deals which made me a nice little chunk of change. But the whole time I was stressing out because I had a physiology test I needed to take. When I got home at 2:30 I hit the books hard. At 3 my mom called and said that I should double check to see if the test ran until saturday... I looked online, and guess what.... my test had already closed. Panic struck, and I franticly searched for my teacher's number, office and email address. I ran up to campus and double checked the testing center, it was closed. Check my teacher's office, he wasnt there. Called him again, no answer. Wrote an email, still no response.... so fingers crossed everything works out. Talk about a blonde moment. With tears running down my face I drove home, sat in my car for a few minutes, and just realized what's done is done and I was going to carry on with my day.

The day did take a turn for the better! Dan took me to this delish restaurant called Terra Mia where we got a pesto pizza and gelato. Definitely a restaurant I would recommend. They have this big brick oven that cooked our pizza in 5 minutes!

Dan also gave me this beautiful pearl ring! I got one a couple years ago for easter from my mom but the pearl would always fall out and he somehow remembered me telling that story and got me this ring.
My hand looks kinda werid, but the ring is so pretty!
The girls surprised me my birthday morning with hot blueberry pancakes and balloons!!

They were also so awesome and gave me this super cute snowboarding present pack! An adorable pair of boarding socks and beanie and wrist guards!! I have some serious mountain fever right now.

My dad sent me flowers! They were beautiful. And made me cry!!

The note said, "these were the flowers I gave your mom the day you were born, and I felt like it was appropriate to give them to you now that you are 21, love dad"

My sister made me these moon pie cookies. I have no idea how she pulled that off living in the dorms. They taste great. Thanks jan.


Last night Amanda's aunt let us go up to her place in Draper where we got to have a little girls night. We were treated like queens! They brought us drinks out in the hot tub, her aunt made a yummy strawberry birthday cake, and this morning had breakfast out for us. That was really fun too!
(as a side note, I am very impressed with this grapefruit picture I took with my cell phone... )

I just got home from costco and picked up this cake for amanda's and my party tonight. It's going to be fun!

FOLLOW UP:

here was our table setup we had before the party!

Amanda and I with the cake!

The caitlin's came!! I love them.


Aside from that test, I had an awesome birthday! Thanks to everyone that made it special for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment