Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What a Day!!

Today has been such a great day. Super busy, which is nice now that I am reflecting upon my past week. Getting a job in college is hard, I am only taking 7 credits this semester and only working ~30 hours and it takes effort to manage my day, but at the time it is keeping me productive which is really good for me right now.
So today, I stayed up way to late surfing the web.

This morning I had a work meeting at 7:30. That meant I had to leave by 7, which also meant that I had to get up at 6 to shower  and get ready. The meeting went until 9:30, I had a chance to take an hour nap, then head up to campus. I had two hour lecture and two hour lab... it was a drag. Around 3 I got a text from a friend saying that he had two Sundance movie tickets for tonight and the opportunity to go boarding and wanted to know if I'd go... one small problem. I was in class till 4, and I had work tonight, 5-close.
But I wasn't letting that stop me, I hopped on my phone, texted everyone from work, and waited. At 4 I told my friend that he was going to have to find someone else. But at 4:30, right as I was getting ready to leave for work, a Co-worker called and took my shift. Mike, if you ever read this.. Thank you so much!
Thank goodness the tickets hadn't been given away yet! We were up on the mountain in 20 minutes and got in a solid run before our movie. (Solid for me is midpoint, going down mostly toeside because I'm a huge baby...)
We saw Gun Hill Road. It's about a man who has been in prison for the last three years and comes home to his old world turned upside down. It covered a handful of taboo topics but was presented in a way that was very well done.
And then after we did another handful of runs and guess what... I got over my fear of boarding heel side!! (This is a big thing for me). Ended the night with pizza and wings... now i should be memorizing the parts of the os coxa/pectoral girdle and all the bones in the hand, but I'd rather blog about my day!


**in addition... the date from last night continued being weird. I told him I was sorry and that I wasn't interested and didn't want to continue to waste his time.... he texted me back calling me a spoiled brat and rude. Here is Amanda's side of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment