Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Stories that make me laugh


I really love this picture of us! It was back when we first started dating and I got an eye infection. Dan skipped class to drive me to the eye doctor, that's when I knew he was a keeper! This picture was taken at our ward's chili break the fast.

Here are some funny little stories (well funny to me) about Dan.

A few days ago we went hat shopping. Dan wanted to get a Seattle Mariners hat. We drove down to the Provo mall and he tried on all the different sizes trying to find the right fit for him. Dan was struggling with the fractions and kept asking me which one was bigger until finally I had to dumb it down and put it into something he could understand (that's what you get with a poly sci major lol). He asks me "which one is bigger, 7 and 5/8s or 3/4s?" and i responded saying "now dan, which would you rather? have 5 out of 8 pieces of pizza or 6 out of 8?". We both laughed and at least now he knows his fractions a little bit better!

My second funny story. We had driven somewhere in my car and I had dan drive for me.We'd driven for a good 10 minutes and were about to get on the ramp to the interstate when dan realized my e-break was still on lol. He felt bad but I couldn't help but laugh.

My third funny story makes me laugh every time. We were at Target getting him a Bocci ball set and before checking out, we walked over to the girls sundresses to take a peak at what they had. As I was looking, he saw some really short shorts and said to me "wow, those shorts are so short!". An older woman was standing right next to us and she agreed saying, "yah, you'd need a brazilian to wear those". All three of us laughed and the lady walked away. Dan turned to me, still chuckling and said "that was really funny, but kinda racist."
"Racist??" i said, really confused.
"yah, cause brazilians usually wear short clothes"
After he said that, I died laughin.

My apartment door here at Fleur de Lis will fly open with a simple push if it isn't locked. Even if there is a gust of wind, our door will fly open. One night Dan and I were saying good night outside my front door and dan picked me up to spin me around. we lost our balance so he leaned back to catch his balance against my door, but the door wasn't locked and we just about fell right through!

One time Dan walked me out to my car to say good night. After he left, I got in my car, locked the doors and turned it on when suddenly this figure reappeared in my window! Super startled, I gave out a little yelp (and a little piddle) only to realize it was dan coming back to say good night again. We both burst out into laughter because he had scared me so badly.

1 comment: