Saturday, April 9, 2011

Fainting.

To begin... my laptop charger died to I haven't been able to get on my computer. It's been weird not having a laptop!! And weird not getting to blog. Anyways, here are some things that have happened here at fleur de lis!

I have been trying to get all my things together for Dental Hygiene School. I met with my financial advisor, signed up for my first loan ever (ouchhh) and have been spending money left and right to get everything in order. White lab coat with my name on it, $75. My own stethoscope, $50 (on sale). Three sets of scrubs, $70. CPR class, $40. TB test and Hep A shots, $55. Cost of getting accepted, PRICELESS!!

Yesterday I woke up early to head over to the walk-in Health Clinic. As the nurse was walking me into the back room, I told her I was nervous and she told me to just relax (easy advice). She gave me my two shots and then walked me out to the waiting area. She asked me if I was okay and I lied saying 'yes' and she told me to call her if I started to feel sick to let her know before she walked off. I called her back quick, I felt like I needed to throw up. Next thing I know, I am waking up in her arms. I was so embarrassed it was hard to fight off the tears. The nurse was so nice and felt bad and ended up giving me half her lunch! Her apple juice, sunflower seeds, a chocolate muffin... I was so grateful and couldn't help but laugh at myself. My pain tolerance is pretty poor and my sister and I will faint pretty easily.
Jana faints every time she has to get her eyes dilated at the eye doctor.
Here is a funny story about Jana. Back when I was in 5th grade, Jana was in 3rd, we got our ears pierced. After a few weeks, my mom told us that we could take our earrings out and sleep without them in. We did. The next morning I woke up to Nate running down the hallway outside my door yelling "Jana's dead! Jana's dead!" I flew out of bed and ran down the hall to Jana's room. She passed out in her chair and my mom was calling her name. What had happened was the hole in her ear had closed a little bit and my mom told her she needed to re-pierce it. I guess that freaked jana out and she passed out! lol
Again, our pain tolerance is pretty poor!!

Yesterday Dan and I had such a fun double date. We met up with the Barnes and went rock climbing and then got ice-cream at Spoon Me. Let me say that rock climbing is hard but it is such a rush. We did some free climbing and the adrenaline that pumped through me as I jumped down from the top was amazing. I did realize that my upper body strength has gotten pretty pathetic. Dan was an awesome teacher (and catcher.. he caught me every time I fell!) I was impressed at Caitlin's skills and Billy was a first timer like me so that made it fun and low key.

1 comment:

  1. rock climbing was WAY FUN! haha but i'm super sore now. it hurts to brush my teeth. and dan is the one with the skillz...holy cow mr. monkey! we need to do it again soon. wish i took some pictures.

    ReplyDelete