Saturday, March 26, 2011

Festival of Colors!

Today was one of my favorite things to do in the spring... Festival of Colors! It is a Hindu celebration to welcome in the new Spring season called Holi or Festival of Colors. It's a day of singing and dancing and of course, throwing dyed corn starch at each other. This was my third year getting to go.

Here is me two years ago from the first time i went:
I drove and got lost (not surprising) and it didn't help that it took me 1 hour and 45 mintues to get there because traffic was so bad, so many people were trying to get down there that their were accidents all down the interstate.... by the time we pulled up to the Hindu Temple, we saw a huge pink cloud go up into the air. We had missed it. All that driving for nothing. Even all the colours were sold out so we couldn't even have our own celebration!

Last Year:

We made it in time! We got right down in the middle of it.



This year:
Was so fun. Dan, Jana, her friend and I all went down together. We got lost but in the end we found a better way of getting there! As we were driving, a car full of girls drove by (they were exceeding the limit, even the trunk was full of girls)... anyways, jana makes the comment "hey look at all those girls in the car" and Dan responds by saying "yah, you can tell cause it's sinking down low". Can you believe that? Rude.. but funny.
Anyways the car full of girls got their revenge by stealing our parking spot and cutting us off! That was rude. 

Here are some fun pictures for our day!!!:


Andrew and Katherine 

Dan and I showing our true colors!


We walked by a little kid who was standing by the stairs... he had a bad FULL of orange color. Dan threw some of his last color and him and in retaliation this little kid dumped his entire bag on Dan. It was really funny.


A view from the Hindu Temple... so many people there for 11am in the morning!

Hindu Temple

'The Dan Look'

Smile Dan!

Jana and I!!



Cute.

Cuter.

Cutest... aww






Peace.
Dan's teeth were purple

There was a huge air machine that blew us off so we were allowed into the Hindu Temple. We had to take off our shoes to enter and my feet got so muddy... i crinnge thinking about it again... i hate walking around barefoot where other people with gross feet have been walking.... anyways Dan felt the need to recreate the painting behind him (actually no, I told him to go pose like that)

I did the same.

Driving home!

Jana.... aww cute hair jana.

My unibrow from the color that washed off after my shower


One last highlight:
Dan slipped walking down the muddy hill and instead of me helping him I stood there laughing... karma later struck when someone bumped me and I slipped down into the mud too. It was too muddy for my flip flops to get a grip and I continued to slide down as Dan picked me up.

Great day and home by 12:30. Festival of Colors... see you next year! hare krishna!

1 comment: